Get involved! Enthusiastic volunteers needed for Music on a Mission – Family Services Ottawa’s Music Trivia Fundraiser, which will be held on Friday, October 26, 2018 at Tudor Hall. Volunteers are vital to the success of this Ottawa music trivia night, Family Services Ottawa’s single, most important fundraiser, and one of the most highly anticipated and off-the-charts fun events of the year!
Family Services Ottawa (FSO), one of Ottawa’s oldest and most vital registered charities, has been helping people lead healthy, productive, fulfilling lives for 100+ years by providing a wide range of accessible counselling services, and educational and supportive programs for children, adults, and families in all their forms. We collaborate with community partners and champion advancements in public health that make people’s lives better, working to ensure that mental health services are available to all. Together, we are building an Ottawa where families and individuals are strong and resilient. For more information, please visit: www.familyservicesottawa.org
Volunteering at Music on a Mission is a superb way to give back to the community, celebrate Family Services Ottawa’s incredible 100+ year legacy, and make wonderful new friends!
Date: Friday, October 26, 2018
Location: Tudor Hall, 3750 North Bowesville Road (near Riverside Drive and Hunt Club Road, located just off of Uplands Drive), Ottawa
Volunteers have the option of either choosing between two shifts, or working both.
Day Shift: 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
– Enjoy a unique perspective from behind the scenes – tasks include set-up (eg. auction items, gifts, prizes/swag, publicity materials, registration desk, signage, décor, etc), moving and unpacking boxes, admin duties, etc.
– Dress code is casual
– Lunch will be provided for those committing to a minimum of 4 hours
Evening Shift: 4:15 pm – 11:30 pm
– Variety of volunteer roles available
– Volunteer training will begin at 4:15pm, so please arrive dressed and ready to go
– Dress code for volunteers is business casual attire
– Casual dinner and refreshments will be provided
– Evening shift volunteers are required to stay until the end of the event, at 11:30 pm, to help with pack-up and teardown
Please note that all the volunteer roles currently needing filling do involve standing for much of the shift, walking, and some lifting.
There is complimentary outdoor parking at Tudor Hall and it is accessible by OC Transpo.
Kindly note that a very limited number of volunteer opportunities are available.
Interested in joining us? To be considered, please email your full name and full contact information (including cell number), a short resume/profile, two references, your preferred volunteer shift(s), and confirmation of hours available to work, as soon as possible to: email@example.com. Also, please advise us if you have any accessibility/mobility requirements.
We would be delighted if you would help Family Services Ottawa launch another 100 years of stronger individuals, stronger families, and a stronger Ottawa. We thank you in advance for your kind interest and support.